May 25, 2010

A few changes

This week is starting off a little better!!

I changed families, which is awesome. I don´t know if I mentioned, but I requested the family that one of my friends, Andras, lived with before he left for the mountain school. The family is really awesome and is comprised of a set of grandparents (Gladys and Fausto) two daughters in their 30s (Tahina and Susi, but Susi is gone during the week for work as a nurse in another town), Nereida who is 7 and is Susi´s daughter. There is also a dog, Pulga. I have my room on the top of the house, with my own bathroom which is nice. The family is pretty much vegetarian as well..they eat meat once in a while, today was the first time I saw them eat chicken, actually. And I since I told them I`d rather not eat eggs, Ive been fairly vegan the past couple days, which I can tell my body is thankful for!

I also changed my school schedule. I´ll be staying this week and next week in Xela, then heading up to the mountain school for two weeks. Afterwards I will be taking a week off and going on a 6 DAY HIKE to a place called Todos Santos in the department of Huehuetenango. I signed up for the hike today with Quetzaltrekkers. So that will be from June 22-28th. It sounds like its going to be a great way to explore the western area of the country...if any of you want to check out the itinerary for the trip, here´s the link: http://www.quetzaltrekkers.com/guatnebaj.html

Then after the trek, I´ll be spending one more week in Xela studying at PLQ, then I have two weeks where I don´t have any schools booked. I was supposed to head to Coban but the school isn´t running for that week and they cancelled on me...I also didn´t realize that to get to Coban, I have to head back east to Guatemala City, before heading north, which is frustrating. So, there´s the option to spending a week doing Spanish school at La Cooperativa in San Pedro again, and then heading to a different school in Coban. Then afterward, I will be at a school in San Jose, in the northern department of Peten. I was thinking of spending nearly a week near Rio Dulce, but I am thinking a weekend there will be enough. Then perhaps I will head back to San Pedro, or possibly do a week of Spanish school in Antigua to end off my trip (which pretty much means getting a little partying/celebrating in before I head home).

Decisions, decisions!!!

Also, I found a place with Skype, so I´ll be calling home soon!

And, I found natural peanut butter. This has been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment