Jul 3, 2010

After a while

Ive actually done quite a bit since my last post, so it`s inevitable that I´m going to leave something out, so this will be a broad overview..

So I did my trek, it was amazing. There is no way to describe what I was able to see. I was in awe at the diversity in the landscape and the isolated villages I saw, most of which are only accessible by foot. It`s hard to imagine living like that but I am glad that I caught a glimpse of what most people may never see. I`ve posted some photos on facebook, but only until about half way through the trip - I don´t know why but it has been taking forever to upload photos.

I left Xela after a day, with some hard goodbyes to my school there, where I met some amazing teachers and some great friends. It may not have been my favourite school all around, but the staff provided a great community.

After Xela, while I was supposed to go to the finca, I changed my plans and decided to go to the coast another time, and maybe try some surfing. So many people have asked me why I didn´t go to El Salvador if I wanted to surf...and all I can say is that I have a feeling that with the rapid growth in tourism in Guatemala, well, I was very interested in seeing more of the coast before it gets really popular - I am not sure when that´ll all come to fruition, but it felt important... Yes, the surfing sucked, but I did try! And I did get somewhere with a longboard, despite the crazy storm waves..

So now I am in Antigua, staying a little longer than I anticipated, but I´ll be making my way to San Pedro La Laguna tomorrow, to start school again on Monday. Its been two weeks since my last class-which feels like forever after doing it for 7 weeks straight. But it gave me a chance to practice more outside of the classroom, and I have actually surprised myself at my progress..huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment